Friends of School
Welcome to Friends of Westmere. We are an active group of school supporters who raise funds to help with purchasing equipment for school and subsidising educational visits so that trips are more affordable for parents. We hold regular fundraising events at school which parents, pupils and the local community are all welcome to attend. We are always looking for new committee members, both male and female, to come along and help with organising and running events put on throughout the year. Great pleasure can be gained from watching the children’s excitement and smiles at all the events, which are organised with the children in mind.
Since September 2016, we have raised over £3800. This could not have been done without the support of all of our parents.
If you have any new fundraising ideas, or any questions regarding the group, please speak to Mrs Jo Thomas (in the school office),our Chairperson, who will be happy to discuss these with you.
Below is a list of items and events the we have helped fund:
- Money towards class trips
- Young Americans workshop
- Wellingtons for EYFS
- Easter eggs for all children
- Christmas selection pack for every child
- Trim trail in the playground
- Memorial benches
- iPad trolley
- Donation towards school Wi-Fi
- Y6 disco VIP room
- Westie shop gifts
Events which we put on are:
- Christmas Fayre
- Sponsored Events
- Balloon Race
- Breakfast with Santa
- Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea
- Discos for children
- Opportunities for children to buy, and wrap, Christmas gifts for family
- Opportunities for children to buy, and wrap, Mother’s and Father’s Day gifts
We look forward to seeing you all at future events or meetings.