Welcome to Barbados Class!
Our Class Teacher is Ms Flaherty and Mrs Flint is our T.A. during our English and RWI (Read, Write, Inc.) sessions each morning.
P.E is on Wednesday and every other Monday. On Mondays, when we are not doing P.E, we are swimming. Please take a look at the uniform page so you know what our swimming and PE kits should be like.
English homework is set on a Friday and is due back the following Wednesday. On Friday, the children have the opportunity to read and share their English with their classmates. Maths is currently set on a Monday, after the children have had their Rainbow/Jungle maths challenge, which they are all really enjoying! Spellings are tested and given out every Friday. Please also ensure your child reads at home, daily, and this is recorded and signed by the adult who heard the child read.
At the beginning of each term, a topic-based homework project is set, which allows you to get creative at home with your child! If your child is struggling with any aspect of their homework, we are available to support them: please come in and see us.
Our Summer term Topic is……… Scrumdiddlyumptious!
- Tuck in and enjoy a yummy journey of discovery, tasting fantastic fruits, venerable vegetables and tantalising treats!
- Work up an appetite with delicious stories about food, have fun with a vegetable orchestra or become a fruity sculptor.
- Find exciting recipes to read – and write your own too.
- Then get busy in the kitchen making tasty dishes from across the world and discover how good food helps you grow fit and strong.
- Be a whizz and create your own scrumdiddlyumptious smoothie for Squeezy Joe and his team of fruity friends.
- And here’s food for thought – if you are what you eat…what does that make YOU?